Everyone needs a great sangria recipe in their life. Considered a “punch” by definition, this delicious and refreshing white wine sangria recipe is absolutely perfect for casual warm weather get-together. My recipe is fruity, light and refreshing with just a touch of sweetness. Many ask for recommendation on what type of wine works best for sangria, Wine Enthusiast has a great article appropriately titled, “The Best 10 Sangria Wines” and lists some lovely, very reasonably priced, wine choices for either white or red sangria so be sure to check that out for further guidance. Cheers!
White Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle light white wine, such as Saving Blanc
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Ice, before serving
- Step 1 Pour the white wine, seltzer and brandy into a tall pitcher.
- Step 2 Add the sugar and lemon juice, mix well.
- Step 3 Add the sliced lemon, lime and orange and mix.
- Step 4 Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible to help intensify the flavors.
- Step 5 To serve, pour over ice and garnish with a slice of fruit.