When I started my blog, I had no intention on voicing political views. So this will likely be my first and only post referring to anything political. I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, whatever that may be. But “Dump” cookies are delicious; I’m no fan of Trump; and the rhyme is too good to pass up. So there you go.
Dump Trump Compost Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed up, plus additional 1/2 cup kept whole
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Heath Bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1 preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 In the bowl of a kitchen mixer, such as a KitchenAid, fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Step 3 With the mixer on low gradually add the flour, crushed corn flakes, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- Step 4 Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, Heath Bar and macadamia nuts and mix well. Next, fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of whole corn flakes. Mix well to incorporate.
- Step 5 Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 6 When ready to bake, I use about two tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Using a tablespoon, drop rounded mounds of dough about 3 inches apart (this may vary depending on how large you are making the cookies).
- Step 7 Bake 10-12 minutes still starting to brown on the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
9 thoughts on “Dump Trump Compost Cookies”
Making again…this time with peanut butter chips. They are the best!
LOVE IT! And we did it, we dumped Trump, the cookies must have helped 😉
Hi looks fabulous. How many eggs I am going to guess two.
Yes, 2 eggs 🙂
I don’t know whether to make these or the oatmeal cookies first! Looks amazing, as usual.
Definitely making these!!
The Dump Trump title for the latest recipe absolutely made my morning!
I’ll be eating these until it comes true.
These look delicious! I don’t even know if I have ever had one of these and cookies are one of my weaknesses:)