When I started my blog, I had no intention on voicing political views. So this will likely be my first and only post referring to anything political. I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, whatever that may be. But “Dump” cookies are delicious; I’m no fan of Trump; and the rhyme is too good to pass up. So there you go.
Dump Trump Compost Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed up, plus additional 1/2 cup kept whole
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Heath Bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1 preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 In the bowl of a kitchen mixer, such as a KitchenAid, fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Step 3 With the mixer on low gradually add the flour, crushed corn flakes, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- Step 4 Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, Heath Bar and macadamia nuts and mix well. Next, fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of whole corn flakes. Mix well to incorporate.
- Step 5 Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 6 When ready to bake, I use about two tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Using a tablespoon, drop rounded mounds of dough about 3 inches apart (this may vary depending on how large you are making the cookies).
- Step 7 Bake 10-12 minutes still starting to brown on the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin