Nothing says summertime like lemonade. Hot sunny days call for refreshing beverages that are not soda. This is a lovely cucumber-limeade mocktail guaranteed to cool you off day or night. I fell in love with cucumber mojitos years ago while vacationing in Hawaii and I had that flavor in mind when I developed this recipe. As I’ve mentioned in other posts, I prefer my cocktails and mocktails less sweet and more on the tart side, so I did the same here.
This simple summer drink could not be more refreshing or easier to make. I use a muddler to mash up the cucumber which works well if only making one or two servings. If making this recipe for a larger group, I suggest blending the cucumber in a kitchen blender to speed up the process.
This cucumber limeade mocktail is a great specialty drink for small or large summer gatherings and is bit more interesting than a simple flavored water, yet still low in calorie. The lime juice in this mocktail can complement any meal from fish to tacos and is a nice alternative to a heavily sugared lemonade.
Cucumber Limeade Mocktail
- 1/4 cup cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 cup good quality tonic
- cucumber peel, for garnish (optional)
- Step 1 Place a good amount of ice in cocktail glass and set aside.
- Step 2 Using a cocktail shaker, add the cucumber and muddle until well mashed and liquid.
- Step 3 Add the lime juice, lemon juice and agave. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Step 4 Strain mixture into the prepared glass. Top with tonic. Garnish with cucumber if using.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin