Some things don’t require an explanation, this is one of them. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal, very finely blended
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8oz) Hershey bars, grated
- 1 (12oz) bag good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, finely chopped
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 Using a Cuisinart, fitted with a blade attachment, finely blend the oatmeal into a fine powder and set aside.
- Step 3 In a medium size mixing bowl combine the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Step 4 In a mixer, such as KitchenAid, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars.
- Step 5 Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Step 6 With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well to incorporate.
- Step 7 Add the chopped nuts, grated chocolate and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Step 8 Using your hands, roll the cookie dough into balls (I typically use a heaping 2-tablespoon scoop to measure) and place on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Step 9 Bake the cookies for 9/10 minutes. Let cool slightly to set.